Friday, June 21, 2013

Pre Smoke Out get together.

The dam at Summersville Lake, West Virginia.

Time for lunch.



Jeff and his Pan, 325 trouble free miles to the hotel.




Jim from Justified Defiance's '58 Pan.

Pat's Hot Rod Ford.

Rex trying to get his bike ready for the ride.





Jeff and Pat.


Chris Callen from Cycle Source Magazine's '49 Pan.
I couldn't make the Smoke Out this year but was missing seeing everyone, so I decided to ride down to Wytheville, Virginia Wednesday with Keith and Dave to hang out with the gang for the night. What a great idea. The weather was perfect, and the riding was great. We took our time on the way down and stopped by Summersville Lake. Wow is all that can be said, made me want a boat. The whole area is beautiful, I recommend stopping if you're ever near and just take a break and check out the beautiful view from the overlook. On to Wytheville, where we arrived first, quickly followed by Jeff who rode his Pan 325 miles to get there. Next thing you know, the crew started rolling in and after a terrible dinner, the parking lot turned into one big party. The next day it was time to get the rest of the bikes out and ready for the ride to Rockingham. After awhile, I figured I better head for home, so after some goodbyes, and lots of trying to get me to go with them, I was off for home. It was a great ride and I know they're having fun there, no matter what Keith tells me.                     Posted by Doug.

No comments:

Post a Comment